Make a quick and easy side dish that's bursting with flavor - try our 'Lazy Dog' Brussels sprouts recipe today!
"Lazy dog" Brussels sprouts is a recipe that combines roasted Brussels sprouts with a flavorful blend of spices and Parmesan cheese.
The name "lazy dog" comes from the fact that the recipe is simple and easy to make, making it a great option for busy weeknights or lazy weekends.
To make "lazy dog" Brussels sprouts, the Brussels sprouts are first halved and coated in olive oil and a blend of spices, including garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. The Brussels sprouts are then roasted in the oven until tender and lightly browned.
In the final step, a mixture of grated Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs is sprinkled over the roasted Brussels sprouts and baked for a few more minutes until golden brown and crispy.
The combination of spices and Parmesan cheese gives these Brussels sprouts a delicious, savory flavor that is sure to impress even the most skeptical vegetable eaters.
The roasting process also helps to bring out the natural sweetness of the Brussels sprouts and gives them a slightly caramelized texture.
Try our delicious and easy "Lazy Dog" Brussels sprouts recipe! Roasted with spices and topped with Parmesan cheese, it's a perfect side dish for any meal.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts and trim the ends.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Toss again to evenly coat the Brussels sprouts with the spices.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and lightly browned.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the grated Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture over the roasted Brussels sprouts.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the Parmesan and breadcrumbs are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious "lazy dog" Brussels sprouts!
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 11 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Lazy Dog Brussel Sprouts, Lazy Dog Brussel Sprouts Recipe, Recipe
You can serve "lazy dog" Brussels sprouts as a side dish to accompany your main course, such as roasted chicken, grilled steak, or baked salmon. These Brussels sprouts are particularly great with protein dishes since they complement the main flavors and add some extra texture and flavor to the plate.
To serve, simply transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts to a serving dish or platter, sprinkle the Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture on top, and serve immediately while still warm and crispy. You can also garnish the dish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives, or serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or lemon juice for some extra tang and acidity.
Enjoy your "lazy dog" Brussels sprouts and savor the delicious flavor and texture!
- Choose fresh, firm Brussels sprouts for the best flavor and texture.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts thoroughly and trim the ends before halving them lengthwise.
- Coat the Brussels sprouts evenly with olive oil and spices for maximum flavor.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet to ensure even roasting and browning.
- Don't overcook the Brussels sprouts or they may become too soft and lose their texture.
- For a crispy and golden topping, make sure to sprinkle the Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture evenly over the roasted Brussels sprouts and bake for a few more minutes until the topping is golden brown and crispy.
- Feel free to experiment with different spices or seasonings to customize the recipe to your liking.
- For a vegan version of the recipe, you can substitute the Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast or vegan cheese.
- Brussels sprouts: You can substitute Brussels sprouts with other cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or kale.
- Olive oil: You can use avocado oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil instead of olive oil.
- Garlic powder: You can use minced garlic or garlic paste instead of garlic powder.
- Italian seasoning: You can use a combination of dried basil, oregano, and thyme instead of Italian seasoning.
- Parmesan cheese: You can use Pecorino Romano or Asiago cheese instead of Parmesan cheese.
- Breadcrumbs: You can use panko breadcrumbs, almond meal, or crushed crackers instead of breadcrumbs.
Enjoy the crispy, cheesy goodness of our 'Lazy Dog' Brussels sprouts - a perfect addition to any meal!