Looking for a classic American dish that's hearty, comforting, and easy to make? Look no further than Steve Doocy's meatloaf recipe! With a few simple ingredients and some helpful tips, you can create a delicious meatloaf that's perfect for any occasion. Whether you're cooking for your family or hosting a potluck gathering with friends, Doocy's meatloaf recipe is sure to be a hit. So why not give it a try today?
Steve Doocy meatloaf is a classic American dish that consists of a mixture of ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic, seasoned with salt and pepper. The mixture is then shaped into a loaf and baked in the oven.
The meatloaf is typically topped with a mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, which forms a sweet and tangy glaze on top of the meat as it cooks. Once the meatloaf is cooked through, it is allowed to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Steve Doocy's meatloaf is a comforting and hearty meal that is easy to prepare and is often served as a main course for dinner. It is a popular dish in American cuisine and has been enjoyed by families for generations.
Get the best Steve Doocy's meatloaf recipe! Create a hearty and delicious classic American dish with simple ingredients and helpful tips. Perfect for any occasion.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place it in a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture over the meatloaf, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the meat is cooked through and the sauce is caramelized on top.
- Let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 11 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Steve Doocy Meatloaf, Steve Doocy Meatloaf Recipe, Recipe
- Slice the meatloaf and serve it on a plate alongside some mashed potatoes and green beans or another vegetable of your choice. This is a classic way to serve meatloaf and is perfect for a traditional, home-cooked meal.
- Make a meatloaf sandwich by slicing the meatloaf and placing it between two slices of bread. Add some lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise for a delicious lunch option.
- Serve the meatloaf with a side salad and some crusty bread for a lighter option.
- Leftover meatloaf can also be used in a variety of ways, such as in a breakfast hash or as a topping for pizza.
- Use a mixture of ground beef with at least 20% fat content. This will help to keep the meatloaf moist and flavorful.
- Use fresh ingredients, especially the onion, garlic, and green bell pepper. This will give the meatloaf a fresh and delicious flavor.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly, but don't overmix the meat mixture. Overmixing can make the meatloaf tough and dry.
- Make sure to shape the meat mixture into a compact loaf shape, so it cooks evenly and holds together well.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for a few minutes after cooking before slicing and serving. This will allow the juices to settle and will make the meatloaf easier to slice.
- You can also add other ingredients to the meat mixture, such as shredded cheese, chopped bacon, or diced mushrooms, to give the meatloaf a different flavor and texture.
- If you want to make the recipe in advance, you can prepare the meat mixture and glaze ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator. Then, when you're ready to cook, simply combine the two and bake as directed.
- Ground beef: You can substitute ground turkey or ground pork for the ground beef, or use a combination of different meats.
- Breadcrumbs: If you don't have breadcrumbs, you can use crushed crackers, panko breadcrumbs, or oatmeal instead.
- Milk: If you are lactose intolerant or don't have milk, you can use almond milk, soy milk, or even water in its place.
- Onion and green bell pepper: If you don't have these vegetables or don't like their taste, you can use other vegetables like carrots, celery, or zucchini.
- Ketchup: If you don't have ketchup, you can use tomato sauce or tomato paste instead.
- Brown sugar: You can use honey or maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
- Mustard: If you don't have mustard, you can use Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce instead.
In conclusion, Steve Doocy's meatloaf recipe is a classic American dish that has been enjoyed by many for generations. It is a hearty and comforting meal that is perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a potluck gathering with friends.
With a few simple ingredients and some helpful tips, you can easily make this delicious dish at home and customize it to your liking.
Whether you stick to the original recipe or experiment with some ingredient substitutions, Steve Doocy's meatloaf is sure to be a hit with everyone at the table.