Try this healthy Mozies recipe with rolled oats, banana, honey, coconut, chocolate chips, and raisins. Quick and easy to make!
Mozies are a type of healthy snack that are inspired by the popular children's television show "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood." The recipe for these cookies includes mashed banana, rolled oats, honey, shredded unsweetened coconut, mini chocolate chips, and raisins.
To prepare the cookies, the first step is to preheat the oven. Then, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. This mixture is then rolled into 1-inch balls and placed on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them. The cookies are then baked.
After baking, the cookies are allowed to cool for few minutes on a plate with a paper towel under them to absorb any moisture. This ensures that the cookies remain moist and chewy.
These mozies are a simple and nutritious snack that is easy to make. The combination of banana, oats, honey, coconut, chocolate chips, and raisins provide a good balance of carbohydrates, healthy fats, and fiber.
Meanwhile, these "Daniel Tiger Mozie Cookies" are versatile and can be enjoyed in various ways. Whether you choose to enjoy them as a snack or serve them as a dessert, they make for a healthy and delicious treat that everyone will love.
Looking for a delicious and healthy snack? Try this Mozies recipe that features rolled oats, banana, honey, coconut, chocolate chips, and raisins. With easy-to-follow instructions and customizable add-ins, this recipe is a must-try for anyone looking for a tasty and nutritious treat.
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on a plate with a paper towel under them to absorb any moisture.
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 7 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Mozies, Mozies Recipe, Daniel Tiger Mozie Cookies Recipe, Recipe
- Enjoy them as a snack: These cookies make for a great snack option that provides energy and satisfies cravings. You can enjoy them on their own or pair them with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.
- Pack them for a picnic or outing: These cookies travel well and can be packed in a container or bag for a picnic or outing. They make for a healthy and delicious snack option on-the-go.
- Serve them as a dessert: These cookies are a healthier dessert option that you can serve to guests or family members after a meal. You can pair them with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream for added indulgence.
- Use them as a topping: You can crumble these cookies and use them as a topping for yogurt or oatmeal. This adds a delicious crunch and texture to your breakfast or snack.
- Use a ripe banana: The riper the banana, the sweeter it will be. So, be sure to use a banana that is brown and speckled.
- Use old-fashioned rolled oats: For this recipe, it's best to use old-fashioned rolled oats instead of quick oats or instant oats. The old-fashioned oats will provide a better texture and chewiness to the cookies.
- Don't overmix the dough: Overmixing the dough can lead to tough and dry cookies. Mix the ingredients together until just combined.
- Use parchment paper: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking and to ensure even baking.
- Let the cookies cool: It's important to let the cookies cool for at least 5 minutes on a plate with a paper towel under them to absorb any moisture. This will help the cookies retain their moist and chewy texture.
- Adjust the sweetness: Depending on your preference, you can adjust the amount of honey in the recipe. If you like sweeter cookies, add a bit more honey, or if you prefer less sweetness, reduce the amount of honey.
- Customize the add-ins: You can customize the add-ins to your liking. For example, if you don't like raisins, you can substitute them with dried cranberries or chopped dates. If you prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate, you can use dark chocolate chips instead.
In conclusion, Mozies are a simple and nutritious snack that can be enjoyed in various ways. With just a few ingredients and easy steps, you can whip up a batch of these delicious and healthy cookies in no time.
By following the tips provided, you can ensure that your cookies turn out just like the recipe. Whether you're looking for a snack option or a healthier dessert, these cookies are a great choice. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy a tasty and guilt-free treat!