Try the delicious Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe for a savory blend of ground beef, spices, and tangy sauce. Perfect for any occasion.
Brenda Gantt Meatloaf is a classic American comfort food dish recipe that is created by Brenda Gantt, a popular cook and cookbook author from Alabama.
The meatloaf is made with ground beef, mixed with onion, bell pepper, garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, and topped with a ketchup-based sauce. It is then baked in the oven until fully cooked and served sliced. Brenda Gantt Meatloaf is a simple and tasty recipe that has become a favorite for many families across the United States.
The Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe is a simple and classic recipe for making a delicious meatloaf. She is known for her Southern-style cooking and has written several cookbooks featuring classic Southern dishes, including the famous Brenda Gantt Meatloaf recipe.
Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe that yields a classic and satisfying meatloaf that is perfect for any occasion. For making the Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe, you will need the following equipment:
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking dish
Additional helpful equipment could include a spatula, a whisk, and a meat thermometer.
Try Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe! This recipe features a savory blend of ground beef, spices, and a tangy ketchup-based sauce that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Check out our step-by-step instructions and tips to make this classic dish perfect every time.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, finely chopped garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to ensure all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and vinegar to make a smooth mixture.
- Spread half of the ketchup mixture over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pat the beef mixture evenly on top of the ketchup mixture in the baking dish.
- Spread the remaining ketchup mixture over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until the meatloaf is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Remove from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your delicious meatloaf!
This is a video about Brenda Gantt Meatloaf.
Video Credits: In the Kitchen With G
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 8 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Brenda Gantt Meatloaf, Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe, Recipe
- Serve with mashed potatoes: Meatloaf is often served with mashed potatoes and gravy. Simply make a batch of your favorite mashed potatoes and serve a slice of the meatloaf on top.
- Add some vegetables: Serve the meatloaf with a side of roasted or steamed vegetables, such as green beans, carrots, or broccoli.
- Make sandwiches: Cut the meatloaf into thick slices and serve them between two slices of bread or buns. You can add some lettuce, tomato, and mayo to make a delicious sandwich.
- Top with cheese: Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the meatloaf during the last 10 minutes of baking to make a cheesy crust on top.
- Make a salad: Serve the meatloaf sliced over a bed of mixed greens and top with your favorite salad dressing.
- Serve with a side of cornbread: Meatloaf pairs well with cornbread. Bake a batch of cornbread and serve a slice of meatloaf on top.
- Use good ground beef: Choose ground beef that is lean and has a good amount of fat content to ensure that your meatloaf is juicy and flavorful.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly: Mix the ground beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper together thoroughly to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the meatloaf.
- Use a 9x13 inch baking dish: This size of baking dish is perfect for this recipe as it allows the meatloaf to cook evenly and prevents it from becoming too dry.
- Spread the ketchup mixture evenly: Make sure to spread the ketchup mixture evenly over the bottom and top of the meatloaf to give it a nice glaze and prevent it from drying out.
- Check the internal temperature: Use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the meatloaf has reached 160 degrees F to ensure that it is fully cooked.
- Let the meatloaf rest: Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meatloaf, resulting in a more flavorful and moist meatloaf.
- 1 lb ground beef - can be substituted with ground turkey or pork
- 1 onion chopped - can be substituted with shallots or green onions
- 1 bell pepper chopped - can be substituted with poblano or Anaheim peppers
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped - can be substituted with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg - can be substituted with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed bananas
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce - can be substituted with soy sauce or steak sauce
- 1 tsp salt - can be adjusted to taste or substituted with garlic salt or seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper - can be adjusted to taste or substituted with white pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup - can be substituted with tomato sauce or barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard - can be substituted with Dijon mustard or honey mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar - can be substituted with honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vinegar - can be substituted with apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
Note that while some of these substitutes may alter the flavor slightly, they are still good alternatives if you don't have the original ingredient on hand or want to make a variation of the recipe.
In conclusion, the Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe is a classic dish that is easy to make and sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With its simple ingredients and savory flavors, it's a great option for any occasion, whether you're looking for a comforting weeknight dinner or a potluck dish to share with friends and family. Follow the tips and tricks we've provided to make the perfect meatloaf every time, and enjoy this timeless recipe for years to come.