Make Joanna Gaines' fluffy pancake recipe for a tasty breakfast or brunch. Easy to make and delicious, this recipe is sure to impress!
Joanna Gaines recipes are always simple, flavorful, and sure to impress. If you're looking for a delicious breakfast or brunch recipe, you're in luck.
I'll be sharing Joanna Gaines' famous fluffy pancake recipe. With its light and airy texture and mouthwatering flavor, this pancake recipe is a surefire way to start your day off right.
So, get ready to impress your family and friends with this amazing recipe that's bound to become a new favorite in your home.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (it's okay if there are some lumps).
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the pan/griddle.
- Cook until the edges start to dry and there are bubbles on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
- I hope you enjoy making and eating these pancakes!
This is a video about Joanna Gaines Pancake.
Video Credits: The Author
Rated: 4.8 of 5.0 from 46 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Joanna Gaines Pancake, Joanna Gaines Pancake Recipe, Recipe
- Classic: Serve the pancakes with a pat of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Fruit: Top the pancakes with fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
- Nut butter: Spread a layer of peanut butter or almond butter on the pancakes and top with sliced banana or honey.
- Jam: Top the pancakes with your favorite flavor of jam or jelly.
- Whipped cream: Add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of the pancakes and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Savory: Top the pancakes with a fried egg, bacon, and shredded cheese for a savory twist.
- Chocolate: Sprinkle chocolate chips on the pancakes while cooking, and serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
- You can also get creative and mix and match toppings to create your own unique flavor combinations. Enjoy!
- Use room temperature ingredients: Letting the milk and egg come to room temperature before mixing the batter can help create a more uniform batter and fluffy pancakes.
- Don't overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can cause the gluten to develop, resulting in tough pancakes. To avoid this, mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined, leaving some lumps in the batter.
- Rest the batter: Letting the batter rest for 5-10 minutes before cooking allows the baking powder to activate and the batter to thicken slightly. This can help create a fluffier texture.
- Use a non-stick pan or griddle: A non-stick surface can prevent the pancakes from sticking and tearing while flipping, resulting in a more even and attractive pancake.
- Use a consistent heat: Keeping the heat consistent while cooking the pancakes can help ensure that they cook evenly and have a consistent color.
- Cook the pancakes until they are golden brown: Cooking the pancakes until they are a golden brown color on both sides ensures that they are fully cooked and have a slightly crispy exterior.
- Add mix-ins: To add extra flavor and texture to the pancakes, you can try adding mix-ins like chocolate chips, blueberries, or chopped nuts to the batter.
- All-purpose flour: You can substitute with whole wheat flour, gluten-free flour, or a combination of all-purpose and cake flour.
- Baking powder: You can substitute with baking soda, but you will also need to add an acid such as lemon juice or vinegar to the batter. Use 1/4 teaspoon baking soda plus 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar for every 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Salt: You can use sea salt or kosher salt instead of table salt. Just be sure to measure the salt accurately, as different types of salt have different levels of saltiness.
- White sugar: You can substitute with brown sugar or honey for a slightly different flavor.
- Milk: You can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk. You can also use buttermilk for a tangier flavor.
- Egg: You can substitute with a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water), or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce for a vegan option.
- Butter: You can use coconut oil or vegetable oil instead of butter for a vegan option, or use a vegan butter substitute.
In conclusion, Joanna Gaines' fluffy pancake recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make breakfast or brunch option that's sure to please everyone. With its fluffy texture, simple ingredients, and endless serving options, this recipe is a must-try.
Whenever you're making pancakes for a special occasion or just a lazy weekend brunch, this recipe is the perfect choice. So, gather your ingredients, fire up the stove, and get ready to enjoy a truly mouthwatering meal. Bon appetit!