A pithy recipe for your Kalita Wave coffe. Learn how to brew coffee with your Kalita Wave.
- 3 tbsp Coffee
- Kalita Wave Brewer
- Kalita Wave Filter
- Brewing Carafe (Optional)
- Rinse the filter by placing the filter paper in your kalita wave in order to remove any paper flavor from the filter and heat it up.
- In a kettle, bring water to a boil.
- Grind 3 tablespoons of coffee. Then spread it across the filter flat.
- Place the Kalita Wave on top of a carafe or mug. Tare your scale to zero.
- Start your timer now.
- Allow the dry grounds to bloom by completely submerging them in 60g of hot water right off the boil (about 205°F). Stir the coffee with a spoon.
- Pour 150g of water in a spiral motion by 1:00 at:40.
- Pour small amounts of water in between to reach 375g by 2:00.
- Submerge dark spots while avoiding light spots and gradually raise the water level to the top for even extraction.
- At 2:45 to 3:00, your brew volume should be around 300ml.
- Remove the Wave and place it in the sink to drain the remaining water.
- Firstly, remember this: grind, bloom, ratio and water. Please get them right.
- Make sure you rinse the filter to remove unwanted flavours.
- When coffee is fresh, it "blooms" or degasses; the coffee bed should rise and bubble a little.
- You can get an even extraction and keep everything integrated with the aid of the spiral motion.
- You could get your water on heat already, because you will need it very hot from boil.
This is a video about Kalita Wave.
Video Credits: Rosso Coffee Roasters
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 23 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Kalita Wave, Kalita Wave Recipe, Recipe