Laba garlic is a Chinese condiment made from pickled garlic that is often served as a side dish. It is a savory and sweet mix of flavors that make a delicious accompaniment to a variety of dishes.
Laba garlic is a type of food preparation that involves soaking garlic cloves in a brine solution or vinegar for several weeks or months. This process helps to preserve the garlic, as well as to enhance its flavor and add a unique pickled taste.
Laba garlic is a specific type of pickled garlic that is most commonly found in Chinese cuisine. The resulting mixture is then left to ferment and develop its own distinct flavor.
The fermentation process that takes place during the pickling of laba garlic helps to create a milder and more flavorful garlic. The result is a garlic that is slightly sweet and spicy, with a subtle hint of sourness and umami flavor.
- 5 garlic
- 3/4 vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Peel and wash the garlics before cutting off the root ends and any damage.
- Using kitchen towels, pat dry the garlic.
- Clean glass jars, free of water and oil.
- Next, place the garlic cloves in the jars.
- Fill each jar with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Pour vinegar over garlic cloves, making sure all of them are covered.
- Place the jars in a cool place and tightly cap them (low temperature and good ventilation as well).
- Allow the jars to sit for a few days, up to a week. The longer, the greener it becomes.
This is a video about Laba Garlic.
Video Credits: Cook With Ina
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 88 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Laba Garlic, Laba Garlic Recipe, Recipe
- Laba garlic is more than just a tasty pickled condiment - it also offers a variety of health benefits. One of the most widely recognized benefits of laba garlic is its ability to boost the immune system.
- The vinegar in which laba garlic is pickled, along with the garlic itself, is high in vitamins and minerals like vitamin C and zinc, both of which help strengthen the immune system and fight off infection.
- Laba garlic has also been found to be beneficial for digestive health. It is rich in probiotics, which can help promote a healthy balance of gut bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- In addition, laba garlic contains compounds called allicin and diallyl disulfide, which have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve stomach issues such as irritable bowel syndrome.
- Laba garlic has been shown to be an effective natural remedy for colds and other respiratory illnesses. Studies have found that eating laba garlic can reduce the severity and duration of cold symptoms by reducing mucus production.
- Eating laba garlic may also help protect against seasonal allergies, as the antioxidants it contains can help reduce inflammation in the airways.
Laba garlic is a popular Chinese condiment used to season and garnish dishes. It is made with garlic and vinegar, giving it a unique flavor. It is a versatile condiment that can be used to enhance the flavor of almost any dish, from salads to soups.
We do hope you try this laba recipe, if you do, please leave a comment below.